DVDuell.de Forum Foren-Übersicht DVDuell.de Forum
..::: Blu-ray | DVD | Film | Kino :::..

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Gerüchteküche: "Deliverance" Special Edition

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DVDuell.de Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Code-1 ::: USA | Kanada :::..
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
4LOM
Administrator

BeitragVerfasst am: 28 Sep 2005 13:54    Titel: Gerüchteküche: "Deliverance" Special Edition Antworten mit Zitat

Die Infos aus dem DVDTalk-Forum sind zwar schon ein paar Monate alt (Juli 2005), aber ich habe es jetzt erst entdeckt. Warner Bros. scheint an einer Special Edition von John Boormans "Beim Sterben ist jeder der erste / Deliverance" [USA 1972] zu arbeiten:

Zitat:
From Last weeks Home Media Retailing

Warner Features Director John Boorman in Upcoming Noir Set
By Fred Topel

Filmmaker John Boorman isn’t keen on the trend in Hollywood to release extended versions of movies on DVD. “Everything I’ve cut out of a film, it better stay cut out.” he said.

Boorman, a 40-year Hollywood veteran, has been hard at work supervising DVD’s of his classic films over the past few months.

With Point Blank making its DVD debut in Warner Home Video’s Film Noir Collection Vol. 2 and a special edition of Deliverance in the works, Boorman has recorded commentary tracks, approved transfers, and revisited archival materials.
“The DVD revolution has changed films and the way people perceive them tremendously, allowing them to connect with films and having that kind of intimate relationship with the director,” he said.

Looking back at the 1967 documentaries included on the Point Bland DVD made Booman a bit self-conscience.

“ I have to look at myself as a 32-year old,” he said.

Still he is glad those features exist because he can’t promise to include every detail in his newly recorded commentary.

“It’s very difficult to revisit films you made 30 years ago, just trying to remember,” he said.

Though he claims memory difficulties, Boorman remembers a lot about Point Blank Star Lee Marvin.

“We met a number of times, and he talked a lot about his life,” he said. “Essentially, what I did was make a film about him. He was dehumanized by his war experiences, and so this character he played was a dehumanized character who’s trying to find his way back into humanity.

“Lee had this belief that America could only express itself throught violence, and we kind of integrate that into this. He was very taken with the way in which I got inside his mind and his problems, and the film was wrought out of that relationship.”

For the upcoming Deliverance DVD, Boorman remembered some important sticking points that he wasn’t afraid to share in his audio track.

“I’m going to do a commentary in which I’m going to make sure I criticize Warner Bros. for their lack of support when I made it,” he said days before the commentary session.

Whether the studio allows such comments to remain on their DVD remains to be seen, Boorman concedes.

“Of course, they will always have the option of cutting out what I say.” he said.
Point Blank streets July 7. No release date is set for Deliverance Special Edition.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DVDuell.de Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Code-1 ::: USA | Kanada :::.. Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.