|"Criterion has improved on the transfer of its renowned first edition ...
the contrast is snappier and the blacks are much deeper than before, with no loss of detail. And the audio has now been digitized." -Bob Stephens, San
Orson Welles' masterpiece, based on the life of newspaper big-wig William Randolph Hearst, is considered by many to be the best film of all time and features an all-star cast (including Orson Welles, Joseph Cotten, and Agnes Moorehead). Criterion's spectacular
re-release, featuring an all-new transfer, is the best Kane seen-and heard-in half a century!
The 50th Anniversary CAV edition contains:
- The Making of a Film Classic, a visual essay by Kane scholar Robert L. Carringer, fully illustrated with
publicity photos, sketches, and storyboards
- 200 additional photos and sketches
- The original theatrical trailer, made by Welles from original
material not included in the movie itself
- Hearts of Age, a rarely seen early film by Welles
- The Legacy of Citizen Kane, a new and exclusive video
tribute to Orson Welles that includes 35 noted directors and cinematographers who share their thoughts on Welles and Citizen Kane.
In Depth |
Index of Films