|"Alive and charged" |
-- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
Chasing Amy is the third installment in the "New Jersey trilogy" from award-winning writer/director Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats). Cult comic-book artist Holden (Ben Affleck) falls in love with fellow artist Alyssa (Joey Lauren Adams), only to be thwarted by her sexuality, the disdain of his best friend Banky (Jason Lee), and his own misgivings about himself. Smith's most personal film to date offers a thoughtful, funny look at how perceptions alter lives and how obsession and self-doubt skew reality.
Criterion's edition of Chasing Amy features:
- A new widescreen (1.85:1) digital transfer
- Discrete 5.1 channel Dolby Digital soundtrack
- Screen-specific commentary by director Kevin Smith, producer Scott Mosier, actors Ben Affleck and Jason Mewes, associate producer Robert Hawk, and Miramax executive Jon Gordon.
- Ten deleted scenes
- The original theatrical trailer
- Special video introductions from the cast and crew
- The Askewniverse Legend; a guide to the characters in the "New Jersey trilogy"
Index of Films