DVDuell.de Forum Foren-Übersicht DVDuell.de Forum
..::: Blu-ray | DVD | Film | Kino :::..

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

DUNE Director's Extended Cut von Lynch

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DVDuell.de Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Code-1 ::: USA | Kanada :::..
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
FHM

BeitragVerfasst am: 30 März 2005 07:37    Titel: DUNE Director's Extended Cut von Lynch Antworten mit Zitat

Es gibt zwar schon zahllose Dune-Veröffentlichungen und die Universal-Neuauflage wurde auf unbestimmte Zeit verschoben, aber nun scheint es eine Überraschung zu geben. David Lynch will selbst an einer neuen Extended Version mitarbeiten. Von der bisherigen Langfassung hatte er sich immer distanziert (directed by Alan Smithee). Von thedigitalbits:

Oh man... have we got some GREAT news for you Dune fans today! We've done some digging with our sources at Universal, and we've learned the real reason behind their delay of the Dune: Extended Edition (previously announced for 5/10, but then pulled "indefinitely" with no explanation given). Those of you who are familiar with the film know that there's a longer version that's been shown on TV, credited to director Alan Smithee (a pseudonym used by directors when they want to distance themselves from a project for whatever reason). Well get this... after years of saying he would never revisit Dune, at the 11th hour director David Lynch decided that he wanted to be involved in the new DVD after all. Which means that when it's eventually released, not only is the DVD going to include the original theatrical version of the film... it will include a brand new "director's extended cut" edited by Lynch himself! No kidding.

How cool is THAT?! We can't wait to see what Lynch does with the film!

4LOM
Administrator

BeitragVerfasst am: 30 März 2005 13:42    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Wenn das stimmen sollte, dann würde ich über einen Kauf nachdenken. Ich besitze die "Spice Edition" Doppel-DVD von Marketing und die sollte eigentlich ausreichen ... dachte ich. So toll finde ich den Film wirklich nicht und habe ihn auch nur, weil David Lynch ihn gedreht hat und mir das Production-Design sehr gut gefällt. An einer von Lynch authorisierten Langfassung wäre ich aber schon interessiert.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
4LOM
Administrator

BeitragVerfasst am: 31 März 2005 23:14    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Neues zu dem Thema von TheDigitalBits:

Zitat:
Next, we've followed up with our Universal sources and have now been told that director David Lynch's participation in the Dune: Extended Edition isn't a done deal yet. It IS the reason the title was delayed, but the details about Lynch's involvement are apparently still in discussion. So we're going to suggest that our previous post is best considered Rumor Mill-worthy for the time being, until things are more official. We've amended the earlier post accordingly. I don't want to get anyone's hopes too high, but I have to tell you mine are pretty well into the stratosphere at the moment. Let's all cross our fingers on this one, because Lynch's Dune ranks right up there with Ridley Scott's Blade Runner at the top of the list of films that most deserve revisiting by their directors on DVD. We'll keep you posted.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
4LOM
Administrator

BeitragVerfasst am: 01 Apr 2005 12:02    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Weitere News:

David Lynch hat sich zur "Dune"-DVD im Chat auf seiner WebSite DavidLynch.com geäußert:

Zitat:
Lynch denies he's working on Director's Cut of Dune

In the chat room at davidlynch.com, Lynch was asked a couple of questions about the new Dune dvd, and the reports from digitalbits about a new Director's Cut. He seemed to deny any such thing was happening. Here's the exact statement from the chat:

"SkAteAleX1 [7:37 PM PST]: David you have to give me some news on if the rumors are true about the Dune dvd .

DAVIDLYNCH [7:38 PM PST]: I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DUNE SK8

cinemalover [7:38 PM PST]: There were rumors again David - that you were doing a directors cut of Dune

DAVIDLYNCH [7:39 PM PST]: I HAVE HEARD THOSE RUMORS BUT NOT FOR A LONG TIME"

John Neff also weighed in on the issue on the LynchNet discussion board:
"I can only say what I saw. A couple of years ago, I asked David if he would ever go back into that world of 'Dune' and make it what he wanted if he had the chance, and he emphatically said no. He felt that by surrendering final cut, he made fatal compromises from day one. Of course one never knows, and I am no longer there, but with what I have seen and heard, I would find it difficult to believe he would go back there."
So either someone at Universal is misspeaking, or Lynch is trying to keep things a secret. Odds are it's the former, but you never know.

Sieht also eher schlecht aus.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DVDuell.de Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Code-1 ::: USA | Kanada :::.. Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.