DVDuell.de Forum Foren-Übersicht DVDuell.de Forum
..::: Blu-ray | DVD | Film | Kino :::..

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

"Valerie and Her Week of Wonders" (25.08.2008)

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DVDuell.de Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Code-x ::: Europa | Asien | Australien :::..
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
McNulty

BeitragVerfasst am: 23 Aug 2008 01:38    Titel: "Valerie and Her Week of Wonders" (25.08.2008) Antworten mit Zitat

Second Run veröffentlicht am 25. August "Valerie and Her Week of Wonders".
DVDBeaver hat diese Veröffentlichung bereits mit jenen von Facets und Redemption verglichen:

Zitat:
ADDITION: Second Run - Region 0 PAL - I have a few observations - Firstly, we can throw out the lackluster single-layered, artifact-ridden Facets from these comments. I concur with Donald on the damage of the Redemption but I can see it is notably removed by the Second Run restoration. Detail might lean to the Redemption but that issues' scratches, speckles and marks can be distracting to say the least. I lean to the Second Run for color accuracy as both other look boosted to some degree - not having seen it theatrically I can't be 100% positive on this point. THE SR is brighter and a bit greenish at times (sign of a failing telecine?) and is a bit cropped on the top edge.

The Redemption subtitles are burned-in where they are removable (and large and much clearer) on the Second Run. Finally the Second Run easily wins the extras with a 5 minute interview with lead Jaroslava Schallerová (with optional subtitles) and an informative 20 minute introduction, with inserted clips, by Michael Brooke. It's a pleasure to listen (and see) - of which he does a very good job relating some hidden details of Valerie and her Week of Wonders. It may have been prudent to add optional subs to this extra as well as Michael is a bit quiet and has a gentle British accent. There is also a trailer and a 20-page liner notes booklet featuring a new essay by film programmer and author Peter Hames and an appreciation by Joseph A. Gervasi of Exhumed Films.

[...]

Thanks to Second Run for their restoration and competent dual-layered package of this Czech gem. Recommended - despite its imperfections!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DVDuell.de Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Code-x ::: Europa | Asien | Australien :::.. Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.